Most people when they start-up a business they operate as sole traders. However as profits increase or if there are asset protection issues it may not be the best structure for you.
You don’t need to be in business to be considering structures. Investors may also like to consider how the various structures can help them hold assets, distribute income or spread risk.
Many will find they need to use a combination of structures. For example it may be appropriate for a trust to hold assets and a company to operate the trading business.
No situation is the same so you’ll need to schedule an appointment with us so we can discuss your options.
Services we offer include…
- Consultation to access the best structure or combination of structures for you
- Set up a sole trader with an ABN, consideration of GST and PAYG registration
- Set up a partnership
- Set up a trust – discretionary or unit trust
- Set up a company
- Set up of a self-managed superannuation fund
- Transition from one structure to another